Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School

Today I had my first day of kindergarten all over again. The children were arriving and some were excited while others were a little nervous and unsure. There were a few that shed some tears and it reminded me of my first few days of kindergarten. 
 
---- When my mom dropped me off for my first day of kindergarten I cried very hard but I knew I had to stay in line and not get out so I just stood there and cried while my mom waved at me with a smile on her face. I cried all the way into the classroom, but my teacher had a smart plan. She would sit me on her lap at circle time so all my classmates were staring at me while I was on her lap. It made me stop crying pretty fast haha. But I did cry for many mornings after that and she just kept putting me on her lap so I would stop pretty fast ahah. -----
 
There are a few students in my class that don't speak any English and some that speak very little so it is going to make it more challenging when teaching. Today was a busy and challenging day but it will all get easier as the children get more used to the routines of our classroom. There wasn't much accomplished today but the students got to see how the day will go, for example how they line up and how they sit on the carpet. Just small little tasks like that can be difficult for a large group of children this age so we will spend the first few days establishing these.
 
It was very hot at lunch break today so standing outside with the students was very sweaty ahaha I have heard that this month stays very hot like this. 
 
I am very tired after my first day of school and am happy to have my feet up and resting. I think it will be an early night for me tonight and hopefully a good night sleep so day two can be a little more lively for me. 
 
The children are all adorable and I can't wait to learn more about them!  I will try to take some pictures of the classroom I am in so you can see how cute the place looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment