Thursday, December 2, 2010

More Info

I asked the Teacher Assistant in my class, who is from China, about the paintings on the ground. (In one of my other posts I put up a picture of a guy who was painting with water on the ground at the park). I asked her what he was painting and she said that people usually paint famous poems. The writing that they use is the old Chinese writing so it is very hard to learn and she said that she doesn’t know how to write it. She said that people do this as an exercise. They usually hold the paint brush in a different way than a pencil so it is like an exercise especially with it being bigger then a pencil.

I also asked her about the singing. (In one of my older posts I put a video of a group of people singing). She told me that they sing about their times and the things that happened when they were younger. She also said that people do this because sometime they get asked to be on television. She said people do this all the time and it is like their exercise. They do it a lot in the morning time.

She also told me that at night there are bands that play and people dance. The girls use fans as well. She told me it looks very pretty and that I should try and see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment