Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Some Short Stories

#1: One of the little girls in my class came up to me the other morning and told me that she was jumping on her bed and had fallen off and hurt herself the night before. I told her she had to be careful. I asked her if she was ok and she said that it still hurt and she rubbed her backside haha
Then she proceeded to tell me that her grandmother told her that it would be five years before it would feel better. Ahah

I am not sure if she was trying to make her not want to go jump on her bed again or the little girl just got mixed up on her words.

#2: One day last week my teacher had to tutor so she said I could go home right at the end of the day. Some of the students have after school activities so they were still outside the classroom when I was leaving. They were asking me where I was going and I said I was going back to my place where I live. They looked at me a little funny and then one little girl asked me why? And I told her that is where I live and I was going to make dinner. Then a few of the students started to call me a baby. I asked why and they said because I was going home. I guess students really do think that teachers live at the school? Haha

#3: I sat down at the table with a group of students and I was talking with them as they were working . One little girl leaned over to another little girl and said, “You are my friend?” and the other little girl said, “Yes”. And they were talking about getting together outside of school to play and the little girl said that she should call her and the other little girl asked her if she had her mom’s number and the little girl said yes my mom does. She then leans over to me and kind of whispers in my ear,  “I know everything because my mom tells me”. I was sort of shocked ahah but the way she said it was just too cute, leaning in like she didn’t want anyone to hear her and she said it because she knew that her mom would have the number. Haha I’m not really sure but it was still cute!

#4: There is a little boy in my class that does not speak much English but he tries and had been learning. He usually says “OK” when he finishes something and I think he thinks that it means he is done. So the other day I am walking by and he had his hand up and he is just yelling out “ok, OK” louder and louder until one of the teachers or TA walked over.

We have a box for finished work and unfinished work. I was sitting down working with a small group and the teacher was helping another student and the room wasn’t silent and I could hear someone say something and then I hear an “OK TEACHER” really loud and I turn around and there is the little boy standing next to the finished box getting ready to put his paper in. haha I think he was unsure if that was what he was suppose to do so he was letting us know he was finished.  The teacher and TAs and I all had a little giggle and then told him not to yell and yes he could put his finished work in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment