Thursday, December 2, 2010

The things I miss

Some days when we are out walking or just sitting around talking we try and think of the things that we miss the most from back home, or the things we will miss the most while we are back in Canada.
Some of the things that I think about that I miss the most from back home are the obvious main one friends and family. I also miss my comfy bed and being able to cook. I never thought I would miss it so much. Or even the fact that I haven’t had toast in months. haha I also miss the nice fresh air we have back home. It is frustrating sometimes when it is smoggy and we feel like we should stay inside so we don’t have to breathe in the pollution.
One of the other things that I miss the most and struggle with the most while being here is the language barrier. I don’t like not being able to talk to people, like my cab driver, or the waitress or the guard who lets us into the school grounds every day. I also don’t like the fact that people could be talking about me right in front of me and I would have no idea. We get stared at a lot while we are out walking and I can hear them say things and I am always curious what they are saying.
Some of the things that I am going to miss from China are how inexpensive a lot of things are. Getting food delivered to our rooms is great. We don’t have to pay for delivery and the food can be decently cheap. Although I feel bad because I think that they go through more trouble to get us our food than people back home. They ride a bike in the freezing cold to deliver our food. Shopping for food is also inexpensive, especially the fruits and vegetables. Also the cab rides, it is shocking how cheap it is to get around.  I will also miss the city life, living so close to such exciting spots and places with such nice scenery. I will also miss the Chinese food here. There is one restaurant we go to that is soo delicious!!
I think I will also be a shock when we get back home and realize how small everything looks. When we are out driving around in our cabs there are always such tall buildings everywhere around us. I think when I get home it will be very different seeing houses everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment