Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Great Wall

Something I thought I would only see in pictures I got to actually see for myself. It was such an awesome experience and I still am in awe that I was actually there.
We woke up early on Sunday morning and went down to the front of the school to meet our driver. Sadly he was a little late but finally arrived. Mark, Kim and I got in and we also went along with another guy named Ryan.
I think we got a little lost on our way there. We went up one street for a very long time only to turn back around and go back down the road about 30 mins later haha, but then we finally made it.
We took a cable car up the hill to get onto the great wall. Kim and Mark were not big fans of heights so Ryan and I had a good laugh as we made our way up. Here are a few pictures on the way up to the wall.




Also here is a picture about the rules of riding the cable car. Favorite part of this one is that the following people can’t ride the cable car “drunkard and people who are insane” haha

I snapped so many pictures while I was up there haha it almost all looks like the same thing but I just couldn’t get enough. It was very steep in some parts and so many stairs. I got a very good work out. I wanted to walk all the way to the top, Ryan was up for it but it would have taken to long and we didn’t have enough time.
It was very hot and sweaty while we were walking but we stopped so many times to snap pictures that it was ok. I could have spent hours and hours up there just taking in all the nice scenery. It was so beautiful.

















To get down from the top of the great wall we took a slide. I did not get any pictures of this because I did not want to have the chance of losing my camera while I was on it, but I snapped a picture of what it looks like.


 Here were the signs that were posted on the way down to the slide.

We had a good laugh at the “Dotice to visitors” at the top of the red sign. It didn’t get old the whole way back to the school haha!

2 comments:

  1. I alwats thought it would be cool to see the Great Wall of China, but after seeing that you have to take a cable car UP and a toboggan DOWN I think seeing it in pictures will be just fine for me. Thanks for sharing your experience !!WOW!!

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tobogganing is so simple! Hahaha!!
    (Miss you)
    Love,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete