Thursday, September 2, 2010

Trying new things!

Today I tried a new fruit and had my first real Chinese meal!
 
The children get snacks delivered to their classrooms here in the morning and afternoon. Today for their afternoon snack they had this fruit that was white with little black seeds in it. I had never seen this before and it looked like a kiwi mixed with...something ahah my teacher told me to try it but I was like that's ok its for the students but she convinced me, so I tried it out. It didnt' have much taste to it but it was good. 
 
Then on our way back to our rooms at the end of the school day Kim's host teacher said she and her husband were going out for Chinese food across the street and invited us to come along. I was a little nervous because we had to cross this very busy very big street in front of our school and apartment building. I feel like i was more nervous for that than actually eating the food. ahah

Luckily we made it safely ..no one was injured along the way haha. There were six of us eating there and the two couples that took Kim and I both spoke Mandarin a little bit so they were able to order the food for us. It was very yummy. Some of it was sort of spicy so I didn't eat much of that since I am not a fan of the spicy foods. We had dumplings, and this pork stuff that you put in a pancake type of thing (I know- great descriptions eh? haha) and some chicken stuff, rice and everyone else ate these spicy bean things but I avoided that. haha 
 
Anyways that was my first taste of some real Chinese food and I look forward to trying some more new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment