Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Solana


 
This is a place behind my school and apartment building. It is where I went the first night I was here and have been going to buy groceries with Kim. There are lots of restaurants and shopping places but there are the more expensive places. There is a restaurant called All Stars where they make very delicious burgers (this is the restaurant they took us to our first night here...some good Western food). 
 
I took some pictures of some of what it looks like: 









There is also a beautiful fountain that you could stand and watch for a long time. They play music and water just seems to go perfectly with the fountain as it sprays up. I tried to get some food pictures of the fountain but its definitely not as pretty in a picture as it is actually seeing it. 






 
To walk to the Solana and back is an interesting walk. There is one part where there isn't really a sidewalk and you have to have your eyes watching for the cars that are coming and then move over to the dirt part so you don't get hit haha We also get to walk over a little bridge that gets lit up at night 



 
It looks very pretty but the water underneath is green..literally and you have to try not to breath in too much while walking by because the smell isn't the best. 
 
Oh and they also play music that is well known to me while walking through this area. I have been lucky enough to hear Dynomite and some Miley and Bieber haha it gives me a little taste of home while Kim and I walk and sing along...I mean walk along!

No comments:

Post a Comment