Saturday, September 18, 2010

Random Pictures



These are all around the school and in our apartment building in the hall. They catch all the bugs that are flying around. I was surprised to see them inside because I am so used to seeing them outside. 



 
Here is a picture of the air conditioner that I have in my room. One in my bedroom and one for the rest of my apartment. It has been a life saver here because it is so hot. It still gets into the 30s here! I am hoping that it starts to cool off a bit though because some days it is just so deadly hot. 




Mark, Aaron, Kim and I took a walk a few weeks back and one of the streets we went down was lined with trees and it looked very pretty! We tried to get creative ..sadly it is a little blurry. 







 
This is the road that is right in front of our school and apartment building. In these pictures it does not look very busy but this is the street that I thought was very deadly to cross. You have to wait until it is clear one way and then you walk or run to the middle and wait for the traffic on the other side to be clear so that you can make it to the other side. 

There are also two bike lanes on each side. Many people bike here!! You also have to watch out for them because they just fly by you too. And there are bikes here with motors...they are very silent though. They are known here as "the silent killers" you can't hear them coming and if you aren't careful...well you can guess what happens. We always have a good laugh when we are walking and one of us will see one coming and just say silent killer and you know to move out of the way haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment